This is one of my breakfast favourites, especially on the weekend when there is more time to cook a relaxing breakfast. This is really healthy, super delicious and it feels like you are having a cafe breakfast at home.
Basil & Tomato Baked Eggs
Author: Caralee - Real Food Pledge
- 2 eggs
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dice the onion, crush the garlic and slice the tomatoes.
- Heat a small pan over a medium heat with the olive oil and saute the onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the sliced tomatoes and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Throw in the fresh basil leaves and season the vegetables with salt and chilli to taste.
- Crack the eggs on top of the tomatoes and place a lid on top of the pan.
- Remove the eggs from stove top when the eggs are cooked to your liking. I prefer mine runny.
- Double the recipe if you have more than one person.