I love lattes and I love spices, so to me this turmeric latte is magical! It tastes amazing, smells amazing and warms you from the inside out. I also love all the medicinal healing properties that turmeric offers.
Turmeric is a rhizome of the ginger family and is known officially as Curcuma longa. The earthy root is dug up, baked, and ground into a vibrant orange powder. You can buy turmeric as a fresh root in some specialty food stores or as a powder from any supermarket, in this recipe I have used the ground powder so that this recipe is easy and inexpensive.
Turmeric has amazing health benefits which is another reason that you will love to drink turmeric lattes.
- Turmeric has potent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties;
- Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant;
- Turmeric has been linked to the prevention of cancer cell growth;
- Turmeric lowers your risk for diabetes;
- Turmeric is good for your liver;
- turmeric is rich in manganese, zinc, B group vitamins and iron, which can help support a healthy metabolism;
- Turmeric is a true super food!
- 1½ cups of coconut or almond milk
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- A small pinch of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Heat the milk in the microwave, on the stove or in a milk frother.
- Add the spices and stir until warm but not boiling.
- If you wish add the sweetener and stir.
- Blend in a blender to make the milk frothy if you are not using a frother.
- Pour into two cups and enjoy.