These meatballs are delicious! They are sweet because of the apple and slightly zingy because of the chilli. The chilli is optional, so if your family doesn’t enjoy a little bit of spice you can leave it out. I make these as a main meal and I serve them with veggies but these are also great as a snack or canape.
They are lovely with a dipping sauce such as guacamole, home-made tomato sauce or a Asian style dipping sauce.
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 small apple's
- 1cm knob fresh ginger
- I cup of shredded coconut
- 2 table spoons of coconut amino
- 500g of ground pork mince
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- Chilli flakes to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for cooking the meatballs
- Grate the carrot, apples and ginger, place in a bowl and combine. Add the shredded coconut and combine.
- Add the mince, coconut aminos, chilli and pinch of salt to the mixture.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and add to the mixture, combine ingredients.
- Use a teaspoon to roll the mixture int o meatballs.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat on the stove with the coconut oil, when the pan is hot place the meat balls in in the pan.
- Be careful not to over crowd the pan and do a couple of separate batches.
- Gently turn the meat balls individually in the pan until they are brown and cooked through. You will be able to see that they are cooked because the apple will start to caramelise in the pan and they will look and smell delishimo!
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce and a side of steamed vegetables or on a bed of cauliflower mash.