By now you will know that I love sweet potato as I have posted quite a few sweet potato recipes. Today I went to cafe & checked the menu board before entering, I spotted a sweet potato dish, I was sold, I had to go in to have lunch there. When I ordered the dish that I wanted the waitress informed me that they had sold out. What?! She was joking right? No, she was serious & I was seriously annoyed for about 5 seconds, until I spotted a chicken & avocado club, which they were happy to make for me with no bread… they redeemed themselves & I was a happy customer!
After that I was left hankering for sweet potato all day so I came home & made these beautiful hash browns for dinner. I served them with smashed avocado with a freshly grilled chicken breast. I have also made these for breakfast & topped them with poached eggs which works really well. This recipe will make 10 small hash browns.
3 medium sweet potato
1 garlic clove
Salt & pepper to taste
- Peel the sweet potato & grate with a box grater
- Place the grated sweet potato in a microwave safe bowl & cook in the microwave for 3 minutes
- Peel the onion & chop finely
- Heat a pan on the stove & saute the onion with a splash of olive oil
- Crush the garlic & add to the onion to saute for a few minutes
- Once the onion is cooked add to the grated sweet potato & mix in with a folk
- Let the sweet potato mix cool for a few minute so that the egg doesn’t cook when you add it
- Once the mixture has cooled add, salt & pepper & one egg, mix until combined
- Heat a large fry pan with a splash of olive oil, use a tablespoon to put the mixture in the pan
- Cook four hash browns at once, turning once brown. If you need more oil add a little more, you don’t want them to be dry
- Once they are all cooked, serve & enjoy!