This brownie is a twist on the old favourite that I know thousands of you have already made and love. Nothing beats the combination of chocolate and berries, so creating this recipe was a perfect idea.
To make this brownie you can use any variety of sweet potato, even kumera is great.
This recipe is so easy to make and is perfect for lunch boxes, dessert, treats or high tea. I have also made a video making this brownie which will be released in the coming weeks. I show you truly how easy it is to whip together.
- 200 grams (approx 2 medium) raw sweet potato, grated
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup of honey or natural maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 cup frozen berries
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray or slice tin with baking paper.
- Grate the sweet potato (I leave the skin on but you can peel the sweet potato if you want to)
- In a large bowl mix together the grated sweet potato, oil, honey & eggs until combined.
- Add the cacao, coconut flour & bicarbonate of soda and combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish then lightly press the frozen berries into the top of the brownie.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the centre is firm to touch or a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cut into small squares & eat while it is still warm or let in cool & store for later.