Bliss balls (or chocolate balls, if you are four years old) are a well love treat at our house. They can be whipped up in less than ten minutes and are the perfect snack to have in the fridge for when visitors arrive, as dessert for the kids or to go with a cuppa.
Goji Berries are also know as Wolfberries and are widely used in Chinese medicine and cuisine. So if you want to buy them at a cheaper price, get them from an Asian supermarket at half the price and look for them under the name ‘Wolfberries’.
It is said that Goji Berries full of antioxidant properties, boost your immune system, improve your brain function and reduce your risk of heart disease. Goji berries are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, iron and dietary fiber.
These bliss balls are a great way to enjoy goji berries, they are delicious!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts
- 1⅕ cups dates
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup goji berries
- In the food processor or blender place all of the nuts and dates. Blitz on high until they broken down into a fine crumble. How long this takes will depend on your appliance.
- Add the desiccated coconut and cacao powder and blitz again until combined.
- Add the melted coconut oil and the goji berries and mix on low until combined.
- Roll the bliss balls by gathering a tablespoon size of mixture, squeeze it together and from there roll the ball until round and smooth.
- Place in the fridge to set for at lease 1 hour. They will keep in the fridge or freezer for weeks, if you don't eat them first!