This recipe is so healthy and will fill your home with gorgeous aromas as it cooks. This is the perfect dish this winter if you are hosting a dinner party or simply because you feel like a delicious warm pudding after dinner. I love how easy this is to make and it truly is a sweet treat with no guilt attached because all the ingredients are simple and fresh.
Make extra because this dessert is so healthy that you can eat it for breakfast with your favourite granola topping.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 2 star anise
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 pears, peeled
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, place the water, berries, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, nutmeg, vanilla extract and honey.
- Gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time peel the pears and remove the core from the bottom by using a corer or melon ball tool.
- Place the pears in the berry syrup and simmer for 20 minutes or until they are al dente.
- Serve in four little bowls with syrup and berries in the base of the bowl.