As a full time working mum of three, there is nothing better than coming home to a home cooked meal that I have not had to think about all day… enter the slow cooker! The best appliance that God ever invented!
Where I am from in New Zealand we have a type of traditional slow cooking which is called a Hangi, it is where a hole is dug in the ground & the food is slow cooked on hot stones inside the ground. This requires a lot of work but the food is amazing as a result! I am happy that I have a slow cooker to just plug in, I just throw everything into the pot and set & forget for the day.
This is my husbands recipe that he makes for us and he is not a cook, so it just shows how easy this recipe is to make and it is delicious! Enjoy!
2 large rump steaks (fresh or frozen)
1 onion diced
1 capsicum diced
1 can of whole peeled tomatoes (no sugar added)
1/2 cup water
1 cup tomato cassata (pureed tomato, no sugar added)
1 clove crushed garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
Splash of coconut aminos
- In the crock pot or slow cooker place the diced onion, diced capsicum, can of tomato, 1/2 cup of water, tomato cassata, garlic, salt & pepper to taste & splash of coconut aminos.
- Stir & combine ingredients.
- Place the whole rump steak into the tomato mix – you can put a frozen steak straight from your freezer into the pot (thats how easy it is!)/
- Set slow cooker to medium & leave for the day.
- Serve with cauliflower mash & a glass of red. PERFECT!