Crackers are such a lovely savory snack, especially when you are enjoying a relaxed afternoon nibbles & drinks session. These crackers are the perfect alternative to store-bought, processed crackers so that you can avoid all the ‘non-food’ that they are made with.
You can buy this type of cracker from health food stores but they are ridiculously expensive, it is so easy to make them that you may as well enjoy them as a tenth of the price! This recipe is super easy & makes approximately 30 crackers.
- 1 cup sunflowers
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ flax seeds
- 1 sprig of rosemary or dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup water
- Place sunflower seeds in food processor & blitz until well ground into flour.
- Add all other ingredients and pulse a couple of times until the mixture is combined & it forms a dough.
- Place a large piece of baking/parchment paper on the bench & scrape the dough onto paper.
- With a rolling-pin roll out the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper until it is like a thin pizza crust.
- Remove the top layer of paper & transfer the bottom layer & the dough to a baking tray.
- Score the crackers into desired sizes with a pizza cutter or knife.
- Bake at 180/350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, watch the side crackers they will brown first.
- Remove from oven & allow to cool then break into crackers.
- Serve with your favorite dip - I made a Roast Beetroot Dip to go with these & it was superb!