As we are very quickly approaching Christmas & that we are now officially in the midsts of the silly season, it is nice to have a couple of little canapé ideas up your sleeve. My friend held a wonderful Christmas party & I took these along to contribute to the nibbles that were on offer. They were so easy to make & better still everyone loved them & I took home an empty platter. That equals recipe success! These treats do contain dairy.
4 lebanese cucumbers
1 tub cream cheese
5 sprigs of dill
1 fillet of smoked salmon
Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash the cucumbers & cut the ends off. With a peeler, shave off the flesh into long ribbons
- In a food processor, place the finely chopped dill, smoked salmon fillet, tub of cream cheese & salt & pepper
- Blend on high until the mixture is evenly blended
- Lay out the cucumber ribbons in a row ready to stuff with the mix
- With a teaspoon, place a dollop of the salmon mix onto the end of each cucumber ribbon
- Roll the ribbon up and fix with a toothpick
- Place rolls neatly in a row on a platter, cover & place in the fridge until you are ready to serve
- Make sure you try one before your guests scoff them down!