This salad is so delicious, too delicious not to share even though it has some dairy in it. I absolutely love goats cheese and treat myself to it occasionally. If you prefer not to strictly have diary in your diet then you could toss through bacon, quinoa or chicken instead.
I made this salad when I recently had a BBQ at my house and it went down a treat!
- ½ butternut pumpkin, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 red onion
- ½ cup goats cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Chop the pumpkin and place on a baking tray. Toss with the olive oil, rosemary and sea salt.
- Place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes. Let cool on the tray once cooked.
- Cut the red onion in half and then slice, sauté in a pan on the stove with a touch of olive oil for a few minutes and set aside with the pumpkin to cool.
- When cool in a large bowl toss together the roast pumpkin, spinach leaves, cooked onion, goats cheese and pine nuts.
- Season with thyme and salt.