This dip is super easy to make and is useful in lots of dishes. You could use it as a side or as a dip with veggie sticks or home-made seed crackers. It is also the perfect ingredient in my Roast Capsicum, Pumpkin Zucchini Noodles. All you need is a handful of ingredients and about 30 minutes to roast the capsicum in the oven.
The trick to get the skin off the capsicum is to place the hot roasted capsicum in a zip lock bag and seal it up. The capsicum will sweat in the bag and the skin will peel away so easily. This is such a awesome tip to know about!
In the next week or so I will post a roast capsicum zucchini noodle dish which I made out of this dip, it is delicious! So stay tuned for that recipe.
- 2 medium red capsicums (bell peppers)
- ½ cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the cheeks away from the core of the capsicum and remove the seeds.
- Place the capsicum in the oven on a baking tray and allow to roast for 30 minutes.
- Once the capsicum is roasted and while it is still hot place in a zip lock bag and allow to rest & cool for 15 minutes. This will help the skin to slip off.
- In the mean time, place the cashew nuts, garlic, coriander and olive oil in a food processor and blitz until all the ingredients are broken down.
- Remove the capsicum from the plastic bags and remove the skin from the capsicum by peeling it off with your fingers.
- Add the capsicum into the food processor with some salt to taste and blitz until all ingredients are combined and you achieve the desired texture.
- Chill in the fridge before serving.