This super food treat is delicious and packed with goodness. My kids have been loving this delight and everyone that I have had over has enjoyed a piece of heavenly raw fudge too.
Made with pecan nuts and cacao, it is the perfect combination of yumminess!
This recipe is very quick to whip together in the food processor and only takes an hour or so to set if you need a treat in a hurry.
- 1½ cups pecan nuts
- 2 cups dried dates
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1½ cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 16 whole pecans
- To make the base, place the pecans and the date in a food processor. Whizz until crumbly. Depending on your food processor you may need to do a little bit at a time so that you don't over whelm your machine.
- Once you have a fine consistency, add the cacao, salt and vanilla extract, whizz to combine.
- Add the coconut oil and mix together.
- Press the base into a square cake pan that is lined with baking paper (approx 20cm square) and place in the fridge.
- To make the topping, place the water and date in a saucepan on the stove top. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the dates soften.
- Drain the dates and place the soft dates into the food processor, whizz until very smooth. Allow to cool for a little while.
- Add the cacao, coconut oil and salt. Whiz until combined and very smooth.
- Remove the base from the fridge and smooth the topping over the base.
- Place the 16 pecans evenly on the top so that when you cut it into 16 pieces there is a pecan in the middle of each piece.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set for one hour. Keep in the fridge until you serve. It will last in the fridge well for up to a week.