If you love lemon desserts then you will LOVE this raw lemon tart. I am a huge fan on lemon treats and have created quite a few varieties that I have posted previously. Some of these are Cashew, Lemon & Coconut Bliss Balls, Raw Lemon & Coconut Slice, & Lemon Curd Slice. All totally delicious!
We went to a picnic in the park event last night where there was music, street performers and fireworks. It was a great night, gotta love a fireworks display. I wanted to make my friends and family a nice treat to enjoy at our picnic. I took the tart cases & lemon cream filling separately and assembled them when we were ready for dessert. Everyone loved them and insisted that I put the recipe online so that they could make them too, that was a good indication that they got the yumminess tick of approval!
These special little treats are super easy to make, there is no cooking involved, all you need is a food processor. They are also gluten, dairy & sugar free so they are suitable for those you are that are on your own real food pledge, vegan or paleo. Perfectly good for you and delightfully delish!
I hope that you enjoy them!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Lemon zest, ½ lemon
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked min 4 hours)
- ⅔ cup coconut cream (chilled)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- Lemon zest, 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- To make the base, place the dates and almonds in the food processor and blitz until fine and crumbly.
- Add the shredded coconut, coconut oil and lemon zest and blitz until combined.
- Press the mixture into the base and up the sides of your chosen individual tart cases. (I used heart shape mini tins)
- Place the bases in the fridge of freezer to set while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, drain the soaked cashew nuts, place them in the food processor and blitz until the nuts become cashew butter and they are completely smooth.
- Add the chilled coconut cream (just the thick cream not the watery substance in the tin), lemon juice, lemon zest and honey. Process until combined, scrapping down the sides when needed.
- Place the lemon cream in a sealed container and put in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- When you are ready to serve, place the cases on a plate and fill with the filling. Garnish with lemon zest.
- You can freeze them of keep then in the fridge if there are any left.