I am a huge fan of lemon anything, but I especially love a lemon sweety or dessert. I had a slice like this at a local cafe’s that I frequent & from the moment I took the first bite I made it my mission to recreate this yummy recipe.
I have kept the recipe fairly simple, but let me tell you it tastes amazing. This slice is sugar, diary & grain free. It is the perfect snack, dessert or lunch box treat. It would be lovely served with fresh strawberries.
1 cup of almonds
1 1/2 cup dates
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In your food processor, blitz one cup of almonds until they are fine like almond meal
- Finely grate the rind of the lemons & add to the almonds in the food processor
- Juice the lemons & use 2 or 3 tablespoons of lemon juice depending on how lemony you want your slice to taste
- Add the lemon juice & the dates to the food processor
- Blitz until the mixture is dough like. This may take a bit of time depending on the power of your food processor. You also may need to stop the food processor several times & scrape down the sides.
- Once the mixture is soft & dough like place in mixing bowl & add most the shredded coconut (leaving a little bit to sprinkle on the top of the slice) & the salt
- Mix the coconut & salt through the mixture
- Once mixed place in a slice tray that has been lined with baking paper
- Press the mixture into the slice tray & place in the fridge for 1 hour
- Serve & enjoy!