This is such a yummy breakfast and a really nice change from eggs in the morning. You could have this granola with coconut yoghurt or fruit for breakfast, it is a great addition to parfait’s or it is a fabulous snack to take with you in your bag in case you get the nibbles. In a couple of weeks I am going on a holiday to the USA, so I intend on packing some of this for my long flight, rather than facing the processed food options on the plane.
I am really excited to be going to California and driving up the coast road. I am mostly looking forward to seeing the wild life along the way and trying some amazing new food.
This granola only takes a couple of minutes to whip together but about 50 minutes in the oven on a low heat. It will store in a sealed jar for quite a few weeks, so it is a great thing to make on the weekend for the weeks ahead.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 5 dates
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor blend together the cut pineapple, dates, honey, egg white, salt and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and pulse until combined but do not over blend, the mixture still needs to be chunky.
- Place out on the baking tray and cover the entire tray with a single layer of the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes, stir once at around 25 minutes and then let bake for another 25 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container of jar.