I love this slice, it is so full of flavour, apricots and macadamia nuts are a match made in heaven! There are no sweeteners added to this slice, the apricots and dates provide enough natural sweetness but if you wanted to you could add a little drizzle of honey.
This no bake slice is so easy to make and it is really delicious. I made this by placing all of the ingredients into the food processor in the order in the directions and then pressed the mixture in a cake tin to set in the fridge. It could not be more simple to create a healthy home-made treat!
The ingredients are held together with coconut oil so this slice needs to stay refrigerated, especially if you live in a warmer climate like I do. I hope you enjoy this real food treat as much I did!
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup macadamia raw nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle sea salt
- Line a baking with baking paper and set aside. (the size is up to you, I use a medium size)
- It a food processor place the dates, almonds and desiccated coconut, whizz until a very fine crumble. Depending on your food processor you may need to do this in batches.
- Chop the apricots and macadamia nuts into small pieces, however keeping them visibly chunky.
- Add to the mixture along with the shredded coconut. Mix together until combined.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt, combine all the ingredients ensuring that all the dry ingredients are coated.
- Press the mixture into the baking tray very firmly. I place a second piece of baking paper on top of the mixture and press down with my hands and then the back of a cup.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours. Remove from the fridge and cut into squares.