I love a mint and choc combo! These little bombs are super delicious, full of healthy fats and easy to make. They store really well in the freezer, so you can keep them for when you need to satisfy those night time cravings. It is great to have something that is yummy and made with healthier ingredients on hand so that you are not tempted to reach for processed foods when you want something a little yummy.
This is also a great recipe to take to parties, baby showers or work lunches. They do require refrigerating, so not ideal for picnics.
This recipe is also gluten, diary and refined sugar free. If you are going to eat these straight away you can simply refrigerate them and they will keep for several days. The other tip is that if you do not like mint, (there are a few weird people out there that don’t – hehe) then you can leave the mint out or use almond or orange extract instead.
Enjoy these little Choc Mint Bombs!
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 12 medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
- Set aside a mini muffin tray. Place the dates, cashews and desiccated coconut in a food processor. Whiz on high until all the ingredients resemble crumbs.
- Add the salt, cacao and vanilla extract into the crumbs and mix together. Add coconut oil and blend together until it makes a cookie dough like mixture.
- Spoon a small amount into each muffin pan and press down and up the sides with your fingers, leaving a small indent in the middle.
- Place in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
- Remove the seeds from the medjool dates and place in a bowl. Cover the dates with boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the dates and place in a blender or food processor along with the melted coconut oil, cacao, mint extract and salt.
- Whiz on high in the blender until the salted caramel mixture is very smooth.
- Remove the bases from the fridge using two teaspoons, spoon the mixture into the bases.
- Place back in the fridge to set for a minimum of one hour or freeze until you are ready to eat them.