I have spotted this idea previously, except the mixture was to bake cookies with lots of sugar involved. This is a healthy version of that idea and will make 20 yummy truffles using natural fruits and nuts. This is a great gift idea for those last-minute Christmas presents, so if you have forgotten anyone or you don’t know what to give them, get busy making this yummy treat in a jar. All that is needed to add to the mixture when the recipient makes the truffles is 3 tablespoons of liquid, either coconut oil, orange juice or in my case I added rum to make them extra Christmassy.
You will need a mason and all of the ingredients apart from the liquid. You will also need to print out the recipe or hand write it on the back of the gift tag. To make the jar, place cacao on the bottom followed by coconut, dates, almonds, cranberries and then in the top place a further two tablespoons of cacao for dusting in a small plastic bag. Seal the jar and decorate it so that it looks festive. Have fun!
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1½ cup dried dates
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoon cacao (for dusting)
- 3 tablespoons of liquid (rum, juice etc)
- Place the first four ingredients in the food processor and blitz until it resembles a fine crumble.
- Add the liquid and combine in food processor.
- Add the cranberries to the mixture keeping them chunky.
- Roll the mixture into 20 truffles and lightly dust with cacao using a fine sieve.
- Place in the fridge to set and enjoy!