These Lime Chicken Tacos are one of my favourite recipes from my book Real Food Pledge. They are super quick and easy to whip up for dinner and they will be loved by the whole family.
My kids love tacos because it gives them the independence to build their own dinner onto their plates with the fresh ingredients that I put on the table.
Who said that you need a processed wrap to enjoy a good taco, a cos lettuce leaf provides the perfect wrapping!
For more amazing recipes just like this one you can purchase Real Food Pledge as a e-book or a print copy here. Or you can buy it for all good book stores including Whitcoulls or Paper Plus in NZ.
- 1 large chicken breast cooked and shredded 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin seeds 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lime - juice
- 1 handful of coriander
- 8 cos lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tomato diced
- Slice the onion and crush the garlic. Heat a large pan on a medium heat with the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until it becomes translucent.
- In the mean time, dice up the ripe tomatoes then place in the pan.
- Simmer for three minutes, then add the chilli, turmeric, cumin, paprika and salt. Stir and let simmer for a further five minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and combine all the ingredients and allow to simmer for five more minutes.
- Turn the heat off and squeeze the juice from the lime over the mixture.
- Wash and prepare the cos lettuce. Fill each lettuce leaf with lime chilli chicken and top with fresh tomato, avocado & coriander.