I love lemon sweets! This loaf is super easy to make, fluffy and tasty. I made this loaf and brought it into the office for the girls. During lunch time we would toast it and it would make the entire office smell so delicious!
I use whole raw almonds and grind them down very finely to make my own almond meal, but you could use regular almond meal or ground almonds. This loaf will freeze well, just slice it up and take off a piece at a time.
This delicious loaf is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. It only has a very small amount of honey which you could leave out if you want this loaf to be sweetener free. You could also make this batter into muffins by baking the min in muffin cases instead of a loaf pan for around 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- 2 cups ground almonds
- ⅓ cup poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Rind of one lemon
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Juice of two lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients, ground almonds, poppy seeds, baking powder and lemon rind.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, honey, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.