This salad is full of crunchy goodness and it is absolutely delicious! I am growing kale in my garden and it is going crazy. I only have two kale plants in my garden but it truly is the most beautiful gift that keeps on giving! The kale also looks super lush and adds so much green to my veggie patch.
Because of the overload of kale that I have available I am having to come up with creative ways to eat it and that everyone will enjoy. I took this salad to a BBQ and everyone loved it, lets just say that I came home with an empty bowl, which is always a positive sign.
I am very partial to a little sweet in my savoury salads, so the pomegranate works perfectly.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 beetroot
- 2 carrots
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 cup fresh mint
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Remove the stalks away from the leaves of the kale and roughly chop. Place in bowl and toss with the olive oil and lime juice coating all the leaves.
- Place the sunflower seeds in a small pan and place on the stove over a medium heat. Toss the seeds for a couple of minutes until they are lightly toasted. Set aside and let cool.
- Peel the carrot and beetroot, grate both of them with a box grater. Place in the bowl with the kale.
- Cut open the pomegranate and remove the juicy seeds away from the white pith. Place the seeds in the bowl with the kale.
- Roughly chop the mint and coriander, place in the bowl with the rest of the salad.
- Add the sunflower seeds to the bowl and toss all of the ingredients together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve & enjoy!