This is my super healthy go-to dinner that is loaded with veggies and flavour.
I absolutely love how quick and easy this is to whip up after work or for a weekend lunch. This is one of my regular weeknight dishes, I have every week because of how healthy, tasty and fast it is to get dinner on my plate after a busy day.
I keep small portions of mince in the freezer so that I can easily defrost it and make this easy meal.
You can mix this dish up, add diced capsicum, carrots, tomato or celery. If you don’t like it spicy, don’t add cajun and instead try some of your favourite spices. You can also throw in handfuls of fresh basil or corriander, if you have it in your fridge.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much I do!
- 200g beef mince
- ½ onion
- 2 zucchini
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 knob ginger, crushed
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon cajun spice mix
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Baby cos lettuce leaves
- Finely dice the onion, zucchini and mushrooms and set aside. Rinse the lettuce leaves and allow to drain on some paper towel.
- Place a large fry pan over a medium heat and heat the olive oil. Add the crushed garlic, ginger and sliced garlic and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the onion and stir fry for a further minute or two.
- Add the mince and stir fry for a further minute then add the zucchini and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the cajun spice, salt and coconut aminos over the mixture and continue to stir fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- Place the lettuce leaves on 2 plates and fill with the mince. Garnish with chilli, basil leaves and spring onion.