I live in beautiful Queensland, Australia and currently it is summer time here which means two things….. it is extremely hot and there is an abundance of mango’s, even growing on my own tree in our front yard. Lucky for me I love both the heat and mango’s.
Today is at least 35 degrees, plus we have had lots of summer rain so the humidity is right up there.
For a cool treat I made these frozen mango bars, they are a healthier version of Weis Bars that you can buy from the store. This is the perfect idea if you have a tray of mango’s and you can’t eat them all.
If you don’t have time to make this now you can freeze your mango’s before they turn bad to use in smoothies or ice-cream at a later time, so if you have an abundance of mango’s cut the flesh into cubes and place them in zip lock bags and store in the freezer.
- 3 large ripe mango's
- ½ can coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mango slices (for topping)
- Peel the mango's and cut away the flesh from the seed.
- Place all of the ingredients in the food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Line a shallow baking tray with with baking paper. Top with sliced mango.
- Scoop out the mango mixture onto the tray and spread out evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 3 hours. Remove the bars from freezer and cut into bars.