These delicious stuffed mushrooms are the perfect entree, side dish, breakfast served with a poached egg or they could even be a meal of their own. They are very tasty! You could be creative with this idea & add what ever ingredients you have handy. Other ideas include adding pineapple, nuts, capsicum, onion, olives or chedder cheese.
This recipe will serve four, but it is easy to multiply depending on how many people you are serving.
4 large field mushrooms
1 large sweet potato
1 clove garlic
1/4 finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons of goats cheese
Rocket to garnish
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Turn the oven on to 350F/180C degrees
- Peel the sweet potato, cut into pieces & place in a boiling pot of water. Boil until soft & ready to mash
- Wash the mushrooms & rub with the olive oil
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray & place on oven for 15 minutes
- While the mushrooms are roasting, mash the sweet potato
- In a pan saute with some oil, the onion & garlic
- Cut the goats cheese into cubes, fold the cheese, garlic & onion through the mashed sweet potato, add a pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- Fill the mushrooms with the mash & place back in the oven for a further five or ten minutes
- Garnish with rocket & goats cheese
- Serve while hot & enjoy!