This salad is so crunchy and delicious. The flavours go together perfectly and it is very simple to throw these ingredients together in a hurry for a nourishing lunch.
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced 1 red apple, sliced
- ½ cup raw walnuts, halved 1 handful of fresh coriander 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of juice of lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the fennel bulb in half and take the core out. Cut one half into quarters and slice finely across the bulb, then place in a large salad bowl. Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core, leaving the skin on for some colour. Slice the apple finely and place in the salad bowl. Add the walnuts and a handful of coriander leaves. Combine all the ingredients.
- To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice, olive oil and crushed garlic in a jar or shaker.
- Shake together and drizzle over the salad.
- SERVES 4