Today I went to Woolworths to buy coconut flour and I was very excited to see that there are now two brands of coconut flour available at my local supermarket. Only one year ago the only option I had to purchase coconut flour was from my local health food store & it was a ridiculous price. I think once I even paid $15.00 for a small 500 gram bag! Ekk!
It is wonderful to see coconut flour being stocked at standard supermarkets, for standard prices! Now I have the choice of two different brands and in different size bags. Yay! I was very happy to pay only $4.99 for a 500 gram bag today. The more we use these amazing, healthy products, the more available they will be to us all and the less expensive they will become. Anyway you are here for Delishimo Berry Muffins…. scroll down for the recipe.
I was inspired to make these muffins because as I was sifting around the supermarket and dangling in the aisle were these cute muffin cases. I just couldn’t resist them… so I had to make these super yummy muffins! We have been eating them over the long weekend which has been perfect for snacks, but these are also great for lunchbox’s or for breakfast on the go. All the ingredients are easy to source and a batch of these berry babies can be whipped up in no time at all.
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup dried dates
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1 cup mixed berries, frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius & line the muffin pan with muffin cases.
- In a food processor place the coconut flour & dried dates, blitz until the dates are ground down to a fine crumble.
- Add the baking soda & cinnamon, combine well.
- In a bowl place the eggs, coconut milk & melted coconut oil, whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & combine being careful not to over mix.
- Finally place the frozen berries into the mixture & gently combine in until the berries are evenly spread throughout the batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases & place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.