These velvety chocolate pots are perfect for when you need a chocolate fix. You know the one that I am talking about, usually it hits right after dinner when you just feel like a sweet treat. This little dessert will hit the spot! The chocolate is very rich and dense, so you only need a small pot to satisfy those cravings.
I made these for my husband once night this week when he was on the hunt for something chocolatey and the entire family loved it! Apart from soaking the cashew nuts, this dessert only takes a few minutes to whiz together in the blender or food processor and an hour to set, so I whipped it together before dinner and it was ready by the time we sat down with our usually evening cuppa tea!
If you are in a hurry to soak the cashew nuts you can fast track the process by soaking them in boiling water for around 15 minutes. If you use cold water it will take 3 hours for them to soften. Either way cover the cashew nuts with the water and allow them to soak and swell up. Before you use the cashew nuts, drain the water away and rinse the cashews with clean water.
I hope that you enjoy this dessert as much as we did!
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked as per above
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2½ tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw hazelnuts
- Place the soaked cashew nuts into a blender or food processor and whizz until creamy.
- Add the coconut cream, melted coconut oil, honey, cacao powder & vanilla extract.
- Whizz until the mixture is very cream & smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Once the choc cashew cream is silky and smooth divide into 4 - 6 little serving glasses (depending how big you want each serve to be) Keep in mind that it is very rich and nutrient dense, so you don't need much.
- Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts. Heat a pan on the stove over a medium heat.
- Place the hazelnuts in the pan and gently toss until toasted, this will take a couple of minutes.
- Place on top of the desserts. Enjoy