In the spirit of Easter I decided to create a little healthy Easter treat, rather than indulging on processed store bought versions. I am so delighted with this gem of a truffle recipe, they worked out beautifully. Rich chocolate flavors with a chewy tart Canadian cranberries to spark the taste buds. Fabulously good! Who needs Cadbury Cream Eggs when you have these!
There is no need to feel like you are missing out this Easter or any time, when you can be treated with these amazing truffles!
1 1/2 cup dates
1 cup almond meal
2 tablespoons of cacao or cocoa
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup cranberries (ensure they are not sweetened)
- Place all the ingredients except the cranberries in the food processor & blitz until it is like a fine dough, this may take a while depending on the power of your food processor
- Place the cranberries in food processor & blitz only for a second until they are mixed into the dough, but not chopped to finely
- With a teaspoon roll the mixture into balls
- Coat with desiccated coconut
- Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour
- Serve & ENJOY!