500 grams of beef mince
1 grated zucchini
2 tablespoons of coconut amines
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon chilli
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tin of tomato (ensure no sugar has been added)
2 garlic cloves
10 button mushrooms
3 tablespoons of tomato paste (ensure no sugar has been added)
salt to taste
- To start, get the sauce underway. Finely dice the onion and place in a saucepan with some olive oil or coconut oil, sauté until the onion becomes transparent. Add the garlic and salt and sizzle for a minute or so longer.
- Dice the button mushrooms into quarters and add to the onions.
- Saute for a few minutes and then add the can of tomato’s and the tomato paste. Add salt to taste. Gently simmer while you prepared the meat balls.
- To make the meatballs, in a large bowl combine the mince, grated zucchini, chilli, paprika, fish sauce, coconut aminos, salt, egg and coconut flour.
- Get your clean hands in there and combine all the ingredients.
- Roll the mixture into balls. (As I roll the balls I place straight into hot pan and cook as I roll each one)
- Place the balls into a hot pan with the coconut oil and gently turn meatballs as they cook. Once the meat balls are nearly cooked through place to the side and continue until all meatballs are cooked, then put back in the entire batch back in the pan.
- Add the tomato sauce that has been simmering, to the meatballs and continue to simmer until the sauce reduces down.
- Serve on a bed of shredded cabbage and enjoy!