YAY! Christmas is coming. Today we put the tree up while we listened to carols all day which was wonderful. I love this time of year, it makes me want to create, cook and bake!
This ginger blondie is so delicious and the perfect treat for Christmas. Nothing is better than those amazing ginger smells wafting through the house. This treat is a lovely gift wrapped beautifully for someone special, to take to work or for your friends as a morning tea. I made Raspberry & Almond Blondies a couple of weeks ago which were a huge hit, these are a ginger version of that recipe.
You will notice that I was a bit naughty and used glazed cherries which are not overly good because they are full of sugar, but they do look nice! Real cherries won’t look as good once they are cooked. You can decide if you want to use traditional glazed cherries or fresh cherries. This treat is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free (not counting the optional glazed cherries). Enjoy!
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup while blanched, decoration
- 9 cherries, decoration
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl or food processor, place the dry ingredients and mix together.
- In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients then pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and combine the mixture together.
- Pour the mixture into a small to medium sized square or rectangle baking dish that has been lined with baking paper.
- Decorate the top of the batter with the almonds and cherries and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.