It’s been a bit of a chilli, stay at home kind of Sunday afternoon and I just felt like a bit of a sweet treat so I made this batch of delicious biscuits. I love the combo of chocolate and peanut, there is something so yummy about it. When I was in New Zealand I purchased a gigantic jar of Pics Peanut Butter, which is 100% natural. The peanuts are sourced from Kingaroy, Qld and the peanut butter is made in Nelson, New Zealand. So it is a bit of an ANZAC product, just like me!
I was pretty happy with how these bikkies turned out and they definitely hit the spot. Perfect with my cup of tea!
- 1½ cups almond meal or ground almonds
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons natural crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- Extra peanut butter for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor place the almond meal and the dried dates. Whizz until the dates are a very fine crumble.
- Add the cacao, shredded coconut and baking powder. Stir until combined.
- Add the peanut butter and water and mix together until the mixture is moist and all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Roll the dough into 16 balls and place in a row on the baking try.
- With a wet fork, press each ball down to form the shape of a cookie.
- Place the bikkies in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool. Garnish with a small dollop of peanut butter.