My three year old daughter helped me to make these cookies, she is turning out to be a very good cookie dough roller, which is fantastic! When she bit into one of the baked cookies she said ‘yummy… but cookies are not healthy are they?’ It was quite hard to explain to her that these cookies are made from natural real food ingredients, I tried. She is totally driven by her taste buds & thought these tasted amazing!
This recipe make a huge batch of cookies. We made adults ones like pictured & also cut star shaped cookies for the kids to share at a birthday party. Needless to say that we came home with an empty plate & no one even knew that they were eating gluten, sugar & dairy free cookies!
1 cup raw macadamia nuts
1/4 cup almond meal
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda/bicarb soda
1 pinch of salt
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tablespoon of water
3 tablespoons of honey
- Turn the oven on to 165/330 degrees.
- In the food processor place all of the dry ingredients. Whiz until combined, you can choose to either have the macadamia chunky or fine depending on your preference.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to the dry mixture & process until the mixture forms a dough, but do not over beat.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With a teaspoon form balls with the dough & press down on the tray to make the cookies.
- Once all the dough is pressed into cookies place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy with your special little person!