These are delishimo, I absolutely love macaroons! It’s Friday night and we are all in tonight because tomorrow it is my sister in law, Anna’s wedding day. Yay! Weddings are so much fun especially when the person getting married is someone extra special to you.
We all felt like a little treat because it’s the end of the week so we all deserve a treat right? These were perfect! I have been wanting to create something macaroony for ages and these worked out really well.
We are all super excited for the day tomorrow because it has been in the planning for some time now and we are really excited for Anna. Mackenzie is a flower girl, my nails and hair have been done, our clothes are ready to go and the Bride is a bunch of nerves and excitement all wrapped into one! It is going to be a BIG fabulous day.
Enjoy these yummy Chocolate Macaroons and have a happy weekend!
- 2½ cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons natural maple syrup
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix the desiccated coconut, almond meal, cacao and salt together with a fork.
- Add the coconut cream, maple syrup & vanilla and combine all the ingredients using a fork to mix.
- With a tablespoon scoop out one spoon of mixture and shape into a ball. Place on the baking tray and repeat until you have 8 macaroons.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool then store them in the fridge.