This soup is so wholesome and delicious! I love the idea of using zucchini noodles in the chicken broth to create a healthier version of an old favourite. The noodles taste just like real noodles, you would never think that they are made with vegetables and are super healthy!
I made this for Sunday lunch when it was rainy outside but you could have this soup anytime that you want to whip up a quick healthy meal. This is the perfect meal if you are wanting something comforting but light. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken breast
- 3 zucchini's
- 2 carrots
- 1 ltr chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely dice the onion, crush the garlic and peel and dice the carrots. Cut the chicken into strips and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan on the stove over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Saute the onion & garlic for 3 minutes then add the chicken stock.
- Add the diced carrot, chicken and sprig of parsley.
- Simmer on the stove with a lid on the saucepan for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the zucchini to remove the green skin. Spiralise the zucchini and set aside.
- When the soup is cooked add the zucchini noodles let the soup rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve into four large bowls.
If you are unsure how to make these wonderful noodles out of zucchini you can see here how I make mine.