I love sweet and salty together and pineapple with bacon is my all time favourite combination. This is the perfect before dinner nibble if you are hosting a bbq or dinner party. I recently had friends over for dinner and these little morsels were gone before I could say ‘put a snag on the barbie!’
The other thing that I love about these is that they are super easy to make with only a couple of ingredients!
- 1 pineapple
- 10 lengths of streaky bacon
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cut the skin away from the pineapple and cut in half lengthwise. Cut the core out of the pineapple and slice the pineapple into 25mm slices. Cut each slice in half.
- Slice the bacon streaks lengthwise to create 20 pieces of bacon. Then cut each piece of the bacon in half.
- Wrap the bacon around the pineapple and place on the oven tray with the loose end of the bacon placed down or secure it with a tooth pick.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and thyme and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pineapple is caramelised. If you don't have fresh herbs, just use the dried version.
- Remove from the oven and place on a serving dish. In a small dish mix the olive oil and balsamic together and drizzle over the bites.
- Serve warm.