Green, gorgeous and stress relieving, this salad could be a side or a complete meal on it’s own. It is full of wonderful stress busting ingredients with the orange, greens and avocado. If you haven’t tried raw broccoli in a salad before, I highly recommend it. You are in for a treat!
As a busy mum, lawyer, blogger and business owner I need quick and easy recipes that are still healthy. This ticks all the boxes. I have no doubt that you are just as busy and stressed, so this is one for you too!
Check out how amazing orange, greens and avocado all our when it comes to helping the body to manage stress. You can read more about that here. Enjoy this lovely salad!
- Salad Ingredients
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 avocado
- 3 oranges
- 1 handful of parsley
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flaked almonds
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the broccoli and chop the stalk away from the broccoli head. Remove the florets and place them into a food processor. Finely chop the broccoli heads until they resemble a crumble. Chop the parsley by hand with a sharp knife and toss through the broccoli. Drizzle the olive oil in a pan and heat on a medium heat; add the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and flaked almonds. Toss around the pan as they toast for 3-4 minutes. Season with a sprinkle of salt and set aside until they cool. Peel two of the oranges and remove the pith. Cut the orange into cubes and toss through the salad.
- To make the dressing, juice the remaining orange and in a jug or shaker add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Add the cool toasted seed mixture and dressing to the salad and stir through. Serve.
- Serves 4