I love bacon and eggs for breakfast (actually the I love them any time of the day). This is a cute and tasty way to enjoy a classic dish. You can make these in advance for a picnic or freeze them for your breakfasts during the week. The bacon cooks in it’s own juices & is super tasty – if it is possible for bacon to be even tastier!
This is a fantastic dish to make if you are entertaining for breakfast, because it is easy to cook this for lots of people in advance.
2 eggs per person
2 rasher of bacon per person
Fresh herbs – I love using Thyme, Rosemary or Parsley
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees
- While the oven is heating, line each muffin case with the bacon by wrapping it around the edge of each case.
- Place the bacon lined muffin tray in the oven and bake until the bacon starts to crisp
- Pull the tray out and crack one whole egg into the center of each bacon case
- Put back in the oven and watch closely (they will cook all of a sudden). You may have to turn the tray half way through as some will cook more than others
- Pull out of the oven when the eggs are cooked to your liking (my preference is that the eggs are runny)
- Sprinkle a few fresh herbs
- You can serve on it’s own or with some breakfast sides, such as roasted tomato & breakfast mushrooms with rosemary. Enjoy!