This loaf is gorgeous as well as gluten, dairy and refined sugar-free! I love the combination of cinnamon and apple which reminds me of a warm, delicious apple pie.
I make this entire loaf in the food processor but it can also be made in a mixing bowl if you prefer. It only takes 10 minutes to whip together so it is perfect for those unexpected guests or to throw together if you feel like a sweet treat.
If you don’t eat all of the loaf, it freezes very well. I slice it up and place each slice in a zip lock bag and use it for either toasting or for the kids lunch boxes.
- 1 cup dried dates
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 apples
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive
- ¼ cup water
- Turn the oven on 180 degrees celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor place the dates & coconut flour and whiz together until the dates are chopped into a fine crumble.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda and salt, whiz until combined.
- Add the eggs, olive oil and water and combine all the wet ingredients.
- Peel the apples. Chop 1 & ½ apples into cubes and slice the remaining half apple for the topping.
- Add the apple cubes to the batter and mix through.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.