I love the flavours of acai and passion fruit together, it is heavenly!
This smoothie is thick and luscious with some added crunch at the bottom of the jar. You will need a long spoon to get your gob around this smoothie! I had so much fun making these smoothies and even more fun eating them.
Where do you buy frozen acai from? It is available throughout Australia and NZ at good health food stores or online, search frozen acai pulp in your area. If you are on the Gold Coast you can purchase it from www.nectarfruits.com.au (make contact by email or phone to place your order)
- 2x 100g frozen acai packs
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ cup blueberries, frozen
- ½ cup water
- 5 passion fruit
- ½ cup buckwheat seeds
- Place the aca, banana, blueberries and water in a blender & whizz on high. I use a Nutri-bullet or a Vitamix.
- Blend until very smooth and icy.
- In 2 mason jars or other fabulous glasses place ¼ cup of buckwheat seeds in the base.
- Start to fill with the glass with the acai smoothie.
- Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the pulp, layer through the acai as you fill the jar. Keep one passion fruit for the top of the smoothie.
- Fill the jars to the top with and decorate with half of a passion fruit.
- Enjoy with a long spoon.